Friday, June 26, 2015

SU ~ Star Spangled Chevrons ~

Good morning and welcome!  Today, I have a different project celebrating the upcoming 4th of July holiday.  If you are a trend watcher, you know that chevrons have been BIG.  You see them everywhere from home decor to ladies' fashion.  And I everyone from the cutest little girls with brightly colored hair bows to middle aged voluptuous ladies And yes, I count myself among the latter!  :-)  Anytime I find a trend that catches my eye, I try to incorporate it into my paper projects.  A friend of mine has an embroidery business and she shared a fun project she was working on via Social media.  It involved chevrons (created with red Ric Rac) and her interpretation of Ol' Glory.  I was amazed/bedazzled/inspired and nearly passed out...  Did I mention I was totally bedazzled????  SO what does any crafter do when inspiration strikes??  You run to your craft room and go with it!!!                                                          

I started out my stamping my blue field twice, first on the actual focal panel and then again on a piece of scrap paper.  I cut the second one out to use as a mask.  I placed the mask over my original blue field and used the chevron stamp to create my stripes, stamping over the masked area for continuity.  And yes, I used a stamp positioner for this part, because spaced these just right is very tricky...  and I am so not talented...

and the set that started it all... Work of Art

I love this set!  When I first looked at it in the catalog, I was struggling for ideas...  but now I am so hooked and can't wait to do more...  rainbows... masculine cards...  the possibilities are endless!

additional supplies 

Stampin' Up - Night of Navy  Card stock and Ink
Real Red - Card Stock and Ink 
White Card stock - Georgia Pacific

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Georgiana said...

What a neat stamp set. Your card looks great!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...