Saturday, June 6, 2015

MOJO400 ~ Storms ~

Good morning!  I'm excited to be playing along in this week's Mojo Monday challenge.  I decided to go with a nautical theme.  Normally I gravitate toward red, white and blue.  But this time, I opted to put a bit of a new spin on my theme.  Think pink, white and blue!

I started with a navy card stock base measuring 5.5 x 4.25 inches.  I added a slightly smaller pink card stock mat.  I chose a fun DP from Authentique's Seaside paper pad.  I stamped my flower images (Verve's Great Friend set) with a pale pink ink and then stamped the coordinating edging with a navy ink.  I hand trimmed each before placing.  I stamped the leaves (also found in the Great Friend set) with a soft green and fussy cut each one.  I created the sentiment panel by stamping the circular braid and sentiment (from the Strong Anchor set) in navy and using a small circular die to cut it out.  I arranged my flower spray and popped up the sentiment panel with dimensional foam.  Easy, peasy and clean!  Love those clean and simple projects!  What about you?  

And here's the MOJO400 sketch that started it all...
 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  And always I appreciate your lovely comments!

 

{{hugs}}

Supplies 

Stamps - Verve - Great Friend, Strong Anchor
Paper - Bazzill, Authentique Seaside 
Ink - Memento Angel Pink, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Memento Nautical Blue
Die - Spellbinders Standard Circles Small 

2 comments:

Carol H. said...

I love your pink and blue card. That's a color combination I hadn't thought of, but will have to try. Such a pretty card!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How pretty! Love the addition of the pink flowers with the nautical theme. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining in the fun over at Mojo Monday!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...