Wednesday, May 27, 2015

ODBD May ~ Let God Lift You Up ~





Happy Wednesday!  I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  I spent a few days blissfully isolated in my craft room!  Can you believe it?  I must praise God for giving me a few days of health and energy!  I was able to get a few things put together just in time to share with you.  And in a few days I have some new items from North Coast Creations to share.  PLUS, the first of June will be here soon which means ***squeal*** a new release from Our Daily Bread Designs!  Can you say, "color me excited?" 

Here is a fun project using a few items from the month of May, Spread Your Wings, Belles Vignes, Birds and Nest Dies and the fabulous Fancy Fritillary Die.



I started with a lime green card base (5.5 x 4.25 inches).  I added a rich green mat. The focal layer features the Belles Vignes stamp set inked with Memento's Pistachio, Bamboo Leaves, Olive Grove and Northern Pine for a fabulous ombre look!  I then inked the edges before distressing the sides and adding it to my forest green mat. 

Here's the Belles Vignes  set which has this fun vine image...


I found my sentiment in the new Spread Your Wings
set.

SPREAD YOUR WINGS - H608


The butterfly on top is a double decker creation.  I started with vellum for the bottom layer and cut a white card stock die for the top.  I inked the white card stock with glitter spritz (white and gold) before creating my "butterfly sandwich."




If you look closely at the blossoms, you might notice a couple that resemble carnations.  I must admit that was a bit of serendipity.  I cut out "oodles" of the flower blossoms from the new Birds and Nest Die with a bit of white card stock.  I spritzed all of my petals with a water mister, added both the white and gold glimmer mist and scrunched them all up.  I let them dry to the touch
***and yes, I left them scrunched up*** 
before spritzing them lightly with water again.  After drying completely, I carefully opened the blossoms and put layers together to create these fun new blossoms.  I just LOVE the shabby look!  So here is the fun die I used....


You know how much I love Our Daily Bread Designs' classic Fancy Foliage Die.  It's an oldie but a goodie!  Definitely a must have!  I used the same lime and forest green papers to create my foliage.  I added a bit of gold for added pizzazz! 


FANCY FOLIAGE DIES - CSBD33


I used the Pennants Die to frame my lovely sentiment
***stamped in a delightful shade of green!***
I think Kermit would LOVE this card!  I even tucked a bit of frayed white seam binding behind the spray!  


PENNANT DIES - CSBD60


Asters and Leaves Die helped me make the fun focal blossom in the middle.  A large adhesive backed pearl in the center adds a bit of punch.  I also used a pearl flourish (cut up) and tucked behind my vines. 


ASTER DIES - CSBD57


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you found something that would inspire you to pull out your crafting supplies and go to work!  I found this project particularly liberating!  Admittedly, the colors are not ones I would normally work with.  It was fun to stretch my creative muscle!  Hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!


Blessings, Lori

1 comment:

Migdalia said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...