Monday, July 14, 2014

~ Imagine ~

Hello and welcome to another work week!  That rolled around entirely TOO fast, didn't it???  Today I have a recycling charmer to share.  I decided to pull out some cardboard and incorporate it into my project.  A little shabby, office chic...  in honor of the first day back...

I started with a dark chocolate brown card base and added a leaf green mat.  I then cut a piece of cardboard (straight from an old box) and peeled the top layer off.  I wanted to reveal some of that cool corrugated texture inside...  I stamped my sentiment (the new Our Daily Bread Designs' set, Pennant Row in chocolate on white card stock and used the coordinating Pennant Row Die to cut it out and add a dark brown scalloped mat.  I used the Asters and Leaves Die to create my sunflower.  I cut two layers of petals in gold, glued them together and pooled a large center of Glossy Accents adhesive.  I then sprinkled brown flocking powder on to create the "seeds."  And because I can only imagine what that day will be like as Mercy Me so beautifully sings...  I added an amazing die cut cross using Ornamental Crosses Die.  I get chills thinking about it...  
 
Here are just a few of the items you see here today...
 
 



 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Don't forget to stop back Thursday for our monthly look back at Our Daily Bread Designs' release. 
 
Blessings...
 
Lori
 

1 comment:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Just had to pop in to comment. Love this card, Lori! How clever to reuse cardboard packaging...and it looks fabulous!!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...