Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Look Back at North Coast Creations' May Release

Welcome!  Thank you for stopping by and sharing a bit of your day.  Today, we are taking a look back at North Coast Creations' May Release.  I hate to see the month go...  Isn't spring just flying by?  **sigh** 
 
All the more reason to celebrate good weather and all of those spring and summer activities!  And with that in mind, here is the card I created using Happy Camper.
 

 I stamped one tree image on Copic compatible paper and colored it.  I then stamped, colored and cut two more trees along with the campfire and sign.  After die cutting the original image, I used a scallop punch, sponge dauber and light blue ink to create faux "clouds."  I added the base image to another blue die cut panel before affixing to the die cut card stock base.  I added my two trees, campfire and sign with dimensional foam for added depth.  I love the airy feel to this design! 
 
Here's another peek at the set I used...
 
NCC62 - HAPPY CAMPER
 
and some lovely dies from our
sister company, Our Daily Bread Designs.
 
CSBD56 - VINTAGE FLOURISH PATTERN DIES

 
CSBD55 - VINTAGE LABEL DIES


 
Thanks again for stopping by!  Please visit my fellow DT members, affectionately knows as the "Coasters" to see what they have created!  {{hugs}}
 
 Julie * Lori * Lisa * Dawn * Sandee * Amber * Sabrina * Robin

For more inspiration using the May Release be sure to visit the NCC Blog.  :-)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

oooh, love the airy feel of the die cut base for your great outdoors scene! I can almost smell the pines and campfire!

Robin Clendenning said...

Love your idea to use a cut a way frame with the ODBD die for the card base! Pretty little camp site scene!
Love it!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Love the die cut card and your scene is adorbs!!! Very cute!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful, Lori! Love the die cut card base and your cloudy sky is perfect for the trees and campfire.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

ooooh! I love this Lori! Love the card base and the three trees together! So pretty!

Kelley said...

Super cute! Love it, Lor!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...