Sunday, January 19, 2014

~ Versamark and Chalk Technique ~

Good morning!  Hope you are staying warm!  We had a bit of snow yesterday which made a perfect afternoon to snuggle in and craft!  I am in an experimental phase and pulled an old technique out of my bag of tricks to try!  If you haven't used Versamark and colored chalk together, you are in for some fun.  For this project, I used black card stock, a variety of chalks and a new stamp from North Coast Creations.  Here's the final product.

 You will need a piece of black card stock.  (Navy also works well for this technique...)  I used several shades of pink and purple chalks.  I used cotton balls to gently swirl the color on until I achieved the desired effect.  You may also use make up applicators or cotton swabs for this as well.  I chose my image (shown below) and inked it up with Versamark Embossing ink and stamped it directly on the chalked paper.  When you lift it off, the chalk disappears!  Isn't that fun????  Just what the crafting doctor called for on a dreary day...  :-) 
 
So here is the set I used from North Coast Creations called
 


 
I hope you get a chance to revisit this technique!  It is so easy and fun!  Until next time! 
 
Blessings...
 
Lori
 
 
Additional Supplies
 
Paper - Georgia Pacific, Bazzill
Ink - Versamark
Chalks - Making Memories
Misc. - Corner Rounder

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...