Thursday, December 13, 2012

RS41 ~ Love Was Born ~

Good morning dear blogger friends!  Popping in today to share a card I created for this week's Retro Sketch.  I used one of Our Daily Bread Designs' recent release,  Chickadee Ornament along with my new favorite Spellbinder set, Layered Poinsettia.  I just can't get enough of this paper flower!!!  This time I opted to go with a blue one...

The card...


using the Chickadee Ornament set...


based on Retro Sketch #41...


I just love using black and white DP with a splash of color! I spritzed the poinsettia with a bit of Glimmer mist for shimmer and added a rhinestone flourish behind the main panel. If you look closely, you will see I embossed the white panel with a swiss dots folder. Super cute! And I LOVE ODBD's Chickadee Ornament set! It is so versatile! I can pull these sentiments out to whip out some lovely cards! Well, thanks for stopping by and until next time... blessings...

Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Chickadee Ornament
Papers - Georgia Pacific, Bazzill, My Mind's Eye Christmas
Ink - Versafine Tuxedo Black
Embossing Folder - Provocraft - Swiss Dots
Dies - Spellbinders - Layered Poinsettia
Misc. - Rhinestone Flourish by Recollections, Flower Soft - Meadow, Paper Punch - MS Crafts, Glimmer Mist - Dazzling Diamonds

Challenges

Retro Sketch #41
Stampin' Royalty #154 - Christmas / Winter
ABC Christmas Challenge - Y is for your Favorite Punch and/or die (Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia)

6 comments:

Ruth Ann Hager said...

Blue poinsettia! Wow, I would never thought of that -- but it works!! Beautiful. I love all your work having followed it for quite some time. Always inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing. I have that poinsettia die -- now I must try some of those different colors! Hugs, Ruth Ann

Tam said...

pretty!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lori :-) the poinsettia is stunning and I love the paper and bling ,, absolutely fabulous ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Georgiana said...

Stunning! Love the blue flower on the blue and black background.

Happy Holidays,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Helen said...

Fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Merry Christmas!
Helen x

Annette said...

Oh my word, that poinsettia is AMAZING. I love it in blue too. Fab card.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.
Hope Santa brings you lots of crafting goodies!
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
ABC Christmas Challenge,
Lili’s Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stamp Fairy.
xx