Friday, July 20, 2012

Exploring Cricut Daily Project

Welcome! Hard to believe that July is half way over! The kids will be back in school and those warm summer days will fade before we know it. For today's project I wanted to capture a bit of that summer feeling all year long. So I am sharing a framed wall hanging for Exploring Cricut.

I love the look of bright red geraniums in the summer. In fact I have a painting of them hanging in my master bedroom. So I thought I would start on a fun project to add a little "zip" to my scrapbook room. I purchased a black frame and 5 x 7 black mat at my local Dollar Store... for a total of $2.00 invested... plus scraps already in my stash...


I removed the glass and cut a piece of left over gingham DP (by Karen Foster) to fit the frame back. I then nestled my matting in the open frame and replaced the covered backing. My Cricut cuts are from a sorely neglected cartridge of mine, Freshly Picked. I bet I can count the number of times I have used this cartridge on one hand.  Somehow I don't feel this will be a problem in the future... 

Cricut Cartridge
Freshly Picked

Potted Geraniums - 5 inches - clay, dark red, light red, dark green, light green
Word Geranium & Backing - 1 1/4 inches - dark red, cream

I used the left over geranium blossoms and molded them into my molding mat with a stylus for depth and glued them randomly to the flowers. I thought it made them a little more real. I also shaded all of the pieces with ink for added dimension.

Clay Pot - Ranger Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade
Geraniums - Memento - Rhubard Stalk
Leaves - Memento - Bamboo Leaves

I placed all cricut cuts with dimensional foam for added depth. I liked this so much I think I will have to make more for my wall... a rosebush... petunias... maybe marigolds...

Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

Additional Challenges

Hiding in My Craft Room #54 - Super Scraps Saturday - HIMCR54

10 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Wow!!! That is totally awesome.
Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Unknown said...

Super cute Lori!!! LOVE it!!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Very cute picutre!! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!
Angela

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Beautiful picture. Love the flower pot and flowers. Thank you so much for sharing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

Kim said...

This is adorable! I need to pull this cart out and dust it off!

Jenscrapstoo said...

Excellent frame, love the image you have used and what a great way to use up your scraps :) Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

An'Jenic G. said...

Beautiful Frame. I love the flowers and the simple look. Thanks for joining HIMCR this week. DT AJ~

Annette said...

This is so pretty and will give you a smile while working in your room!

Annette

Sharon said...

This is just wonderful!! I so love your pot of geraniums!! The gingham bg is just perfect!! :)

Tam said...

very cute!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...