Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1 Corinthians

You knew I couldn't resist! After all, red is one of my favorite colors! Stands to reason I would crank out another Valentine card or two... or maybe three??? lol...

I received this single stamp by Our Daily Bread Designs a few days ago. This particular scripture is very meaningful to me. And probably not for the reasons you think! Usually people hear this particular New Testament passage mentioned during a wedding or around Valentine's Day. This particular passage took on a special meaning for me on Saturday May 4, 1996. It was on that day that my father's funeral was held after a short battle with cancer.

The central passage of the message that day was this one. Even though my Dad left this world to be with our Lord and Savior, I know his love still remains... Blessings...

And here is the card inspired by that passage...



Thank you as always for reading! Your comments and feedback are such a blessing to me! (Hugs)

Lori

Recipe

Paper - Bazzill, Colorbok; Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - 1 Corinthians; Ink - Memento Rhubard Stalk; Dies - Spellbinders Labels Seventeen; Paper Edger Punch and Individual Punches - Martha Stewart by EK Success; Mulberry Roses; Pearls - Recollections

5 comments:

Tam said...

Beautiful. It would be really nice framed on a wall. :)

Cards By Jan said...

Lori, this is so precious, I just love the verse, and love your colours, and gorgeous border!! and...that beautiful white rose adds just the right touch.

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Love your card. It is very beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Rosemary said...

so very lovely, lori!!

Connie B. said...

The border on this card is very pretty. The focus of the sentiment is lovely, too.

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...