Saturday, November 26, 2011

ODBDSLC86 Recipe Challenge - Ribbon, Lace & Glitter



I love a good recipe! And today the challenge team is working with three essential card ingredients (especially at Christmas time).... Ribbon, Lace and Glitter...

And let me just tell ya alot of glitter managed to make it on my floor for this one...

For the snowflake I used 3 layers of the SB Create a Flake One plus a tiny negative star piece I had left from one of the original cuts. I applied glitter glue to each layer and dusted them with crystal coarse glitter. After letting them cure I adhered the layers together with dimensional glue dots. The final snowflake was placed on a Picot Edge Circle cut. I also used a paper crimper on the bottom layer of white card stock for some added interest! Thanks so much for reading and I pray you have a wonderful week!

Here's how to play...

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, December 2 at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, December 2 at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to SplitcoastStampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC86. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct link to the challenge.

And don't forget to visit the other Breadsticks! Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful weekend!

Chris
Fran
Silke
Sabrina
Sue


Ingredients

Paper - Bazzill, Colorbok, Webster's Pages Botanical Christmas & Winter Fairy Tales Paper Pack; Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Warm Wishes; Ink - Close to My Heart - Cotton Candy; Dies - Spellbinders - Create a Flake One, Picot Edge Circles, Cheery Lynn Designs - French Pastry; Satin Ribbon; Lace; Paper Crimper; Crystal Coarse Glitter, Glitter Glue


And a special thank you to the ladies over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. I am honored to have one of my cards selected for their Shining Star Award. You can check out the post here. Thanks again ladies!!!

10 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Lori!! I love all the glitter and the pink looks awesome with the snowflake!! Beautiful lace border!!
Have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Chris

irishgreensue said...

Wow, where do I begin??? So much to take in - just with the BG - crimped, topped with the lace border and SWEET DP, then the fun begins - all the lucious layers of GLITTERed snowflake sitting on top of the pink die AND a doily!!!! All your finishing touches make this a card to love!!
Hugs,
Sue

Snowmanlover said...

Oh Lori, so gorgeous! I am going to "pin" it for you! Hugs! b

Sabrina Jackson said...

Lori, girl, I am absolutely speechless over so much beauty, elegance!!! This card is over the TOP gorgeous and I might have to case it, but I already know it would never look the same as this masterpiece!!! WOW!! Have a blessed weekend my friend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Tammy E. said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! Going on Pinterest for future inspiration!

Tam said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Stunning card Lori! I love all the sparkle and detailed lacy edges.


Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

wow... absolutely stunning card, lori! love that big, yummy bow and the glittery snowflakes!!

Silke Ledlow said...

I agree, this is stunning Lori! Love how the lace ribbon peaks out and the sparkly snowflake is the BOMB!!! Hugs ~S~

Greta said...

I can't take my eyes off this card! Amazingly gorgeous creation! Love everything you did & pink is my favorite color!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...