Friday, February 4, 2011

Why Worry?



Let me start out by saying I struggle with this! My husband says that if we had nothing in the world to worry about I would make something up! He says this jokingly, but there is a great deal of truth to it! I am a Type A personality by nature. As a young child I worried about getting into college... When I say young, I mean really young... I distinctly remember in 4th grade crying over an assignment. I got a B on the thing but in my mind that was not good enough to go to college...

Today's scripture is from the book of Luke. And let me tell you, I needed to hear this today! Why worry? No matter what happens in this life we have the promise of eternal life. There is nothing to fear. Death holds not bonds on me and no matter how tough things are here we are promised a bright eternity. So my new song will be "Don't Worry... be happy..." Oh, my... that will be stuck in my head all day! lol..

Blessings and have a wonderful Friday!

Lori

Card Stock - Bazzill
Punch - Martha Stewart
Corner Rounder - Creative Memories
Stamp - Our Daily Bread Designs - Don't Worry
Ink - Close to My Heart - Moonstruck
Fiber - 5/8 Satin Navy Offray

3 comments:

Selina said...

Great thought for the day! Trusting God is so simple, but yet so hard for us to do.

Thanks for reminding us to trust and not worry!
Beautiful card as always!

Blessings,
Selina

Angela said...

My hubby is the worrier in the family and he trys to get me to worry. Like what is going on in Egypt right now. I have faith that He will take care of us and we should not worry about what we can not control....I like this verse...faith in Christ and the Almighty Maker!!!

Angela

Tam said...

Simple but the layering looks cool!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...