Monday, January 24, 2011

Tilda Picking Lilacs



I find myself coloring tons of images with flowers in them! I think I must be focused on spring! lol... One of my favorites would have to be old fashioned lilacs. About 3 years ago my mother moved from the farm I was grew up on. My parents moved there in 1968. All total she lived there for over 40 years! There was a beautiful lilac bush there. The original cutting came from my grandmother when Mom and Dad first moved. There's no telling how old the original specimen was. Grandmother was born in 1896! That lilac had such a wonderful aroma. When Mom moved I failed to take a cutting. I did get one from a rose that came from Grandmother's place. Maybe this spring I will go back and ask the new owners if I can take a cutting! It's kinda cool to think of three generations of women caring for that lilac! This stamp from Magnolia reminds me of that sweet lilac! I hope you enjoy the image as much as I do!

Card Stock - Bazzill, Gina K. Pure Luxury (image)
Designer Paper - Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls - Violet Dahlias
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (I colored this over a year ago and did not record the markers)
Stamp - Magnolia - Tilda Picking Lilacs
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots (layer beneath Tilda and top layer)
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Ovals Large - cut out frames for Tilda)
Color Me Crazy Hydrangea Petals by Petaloo
Smooch Spritz Spray - Frosted Grape and Vanilla Shimmer (applied to flowers)
Brads - Unknown
Foliage - Martha Stewart Punch - Snowflake
Stickles - Ranger Star Dust - applied to brads and lilacs in image

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...