Monday, January 3, 2011

A Little Love



Pardon me... I think there is a Tina Turner tune playing in my head... "what's love got to do with it?"... I just aged myself, didn't I? ;-p

Love has a great deal to do with it really. I love that sign people post in their homes... "because two people fell in love..." So now we know who to blame, right? Indulge my silliness please...

February will be here before we know it. I haven't been to my local box store but I suspect the big heart shaped candy boxes are on the shelves. Rows of conversation hearts... so fun to look at but does anyone really eat them? hmmmmm...

Valentine's day is usually low key at our home. We rarely dine out. Usually we fix something at home and just hang out. Most years we just talk about where we've been and where we're going. Sometimes it is important to just take stock of where each other is at and where the relationship as a whole is going. How do you know if you don't ask? So this little card will probably go to my honey. Hopefully he will think kindly of me and not ding me too hard when we discuss the good and bad of the last year... lol

This stamp set from Papertrey Ink is so versatile. I love that it can be used for all those "mushy" occasions. Clean and simple... stamping the way I like it... Enjoy and have a wonderful and blessed day!

Lori

Card Recipe

Card Base - 4 3/4 x 3 1/4
Card Overlay - (edged with punch) 4 3/4 x 4 1/8

Card Stock - Georgia Pacific - White
Designer Paper - Bo Bunny Tis the Season Snowflakes (reversible)
3 - 1 1/4 x 3 inch pieces adhered to embossed layer
Stamps - Image & Sentiment - Papertrey Ink - Love Birds
Ink - Edging - Memento - Angel Pink, Ladybug
Ink - Image - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Ink - Birds - Memento - Ladybug
Punch - Martha Stewart
Embossing - (bottom layer of white) - Cuttlebug - Love Language
Spellbinders - Nestabilities - Small Labels
Smooch Spritz - Vanilla Shimmer - spritzed on embossed layer and second time to entire card
Pearls - Crystal Stitches by Mark Richards
Offray 7/8 White Satin Ribbon
Bow Easy (to create bow)
Pop Dots
Scotch ATG gun

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...