Saturday, January 15, 2011

Double Dare Saturday

It seems like a month since I posted! I have been very busy (at my "day" job) trying to close out books for the year. The word hectic doesn't seem to capture the sense of what the last few weeks have been like. Hopefully, we will get things under control in the coming weeks and I can take a breather! The beauty of accounting... you're never really done with a project.... The next month you start the routine over! My Lord has blessed me tremendously. I have a wonderful job which meets my needs and allows me to have the extra time to create paper projects! I marvel at how far my life has come in the last year. But I know it was all His plan and it humbles me to know that!

I have posted a couple of cards today... hence "double dare"... I created these cards for a couple of challenges over at Our Daily Bread Designs. The card in my post below was chosen for this week's Shining the Light Award there. Please take a moment, scroll down and click on one of the award icons on the bottom right of my blog. If you haven't checked out their website please do! There are some wonderful creations over there. They never fail to inspire me! Blessings to you this week and as always I look forward to hearing from you!

Lori
aka Saintsrule!



Recipe

Card Stock - Vanilla, Chocolate and Burgundy - Gina K. Designs, Gold - Bazzill
Designer Paper - Bo Bunny - Snowy Serenade Overture
Image & Sentiment Stamps - ODBD - You Will Find Refuge
Inks - Memento Desert Sand - Image; Ranger Distressed Ink - Tattered Rose - sponged around image
Embossing - Sentiment; Versamark Ink and Ranger Queen's Gold Embossing Powder
Punch - Martha Stewart (trim under image); Paper Shapers - (flourishes)
Die Cuts - Nestabilities - Standard Circles Large, Petite Scalloped Circles Large, Lacey Circles, Pendant Lattice
Ribbon - Offray - 5 / 8 Satin Oatmeal and Brown
Flowers / Leaves - unknown
Pearls - Imaginisce - I-Rock
Ranger Diamond Stickles - coated on centers of flowers after setting



And this little beauty will go in the challenge as well...



Card Stock - Red, Green - Gina K. Designs; Peach - Bazzill
Designer Paper - Daisy D's (out of my ancient stash) Boston Garden
Image & Sentiment - ODBD - Faith
Ink - Copic - E33, R00 (light color on butterflies before applying Stickles)
Cuttlebug - Embossing Folder - Birds & Swirls
Embossing - Ink - Versamark; Powder - Ranger Rich Red
Punch - Martha Stewart
Die Cuts - Nestabilities - Small Labels, Labels Eleven
Pearls - Kaisercraft Basics - Red
Ribbon - Stampin Up
Ranger Diamond Stickles

5 comments:

Francie G. said...

This is just beautiful! Love the muted image with the pop of color from those beautiful flowers!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Lori, WOW, both of your cards are really beautiful and so perfect for this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD. Both of these cards would sure put a smile on my face :D. Thanks for taking the time to play along. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Tam said...

Very nice! Love your butterflies.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Lori!! Love your rich colors and designs and details!! Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenges!

Sarah said...

Both of your cards are just lovely! I {heart} those teeny little butterflies - so cute!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...