Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Santa is Coming to Town!



Here we are the day before Thanksgiving. Don't you just love the holiday season? There is so much meaning this time of year. I think of the Pilgrims celebrating the first Thanksgiving. Half of their population died from exposure and malnutrition simply because they wanted to worship the one true God. And Christmas... how a baby born in a manager in Bethlehem changed the entire world. It is a wonderful time of year and I am so blessed and tremendously thankful for all the gifts my Lord has given me. I can't praise him enough!

Today's card actually uses an image of Santa Claus. Many people don't know the story behind the real Father Christmas who made sure children in his village had little treats at Christmas time. Somewhere we lost the real meaning of Christmas and self sacrifice for others. I have been very guilty of focusing so much on getting the perfect "gifts" that I have forgotten about the most important gifts. First of all, I pray my family and friends know Jesus as their Savior and Lord. Second, I pray that the gifts I give are from the heart and build "memories" not "materialism." I pray that I also become more child-like in my dealings with others.

The image of Santa reminds me of this. Children are so true in their faith. For a few brief years they "BELIEVE" there is a Santa. Even though the logistics of it are impossible not to mention improbable they believe with all their heart. It is my prayer that I take that wide eyed innocence into this season of love and giving.

In the book of Luke, the disciples were squabbling about what ranking they would have in heaven. (How true is this today among Christians? I know I have been guilty of this on more than one occasion.) Jesus perceiving the magnitude of this little ego trip promptly placed a child beside him and began to gently counsel the disciples.

And said unto them, "Whosover shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he is least among you all, the same shall be great."
Luke 9:48

Wow! Blessings to you-

Lori

Card Recipe

5 X 7

Card Stock - Georgie Pacific (white & black), Bazzill
Pattern Paper - Anna Griffith
Stamps - Image - Close to My Heart - Share the Magic
Stamps - Sentiment - Close to My Heart - I Believe
Ink - Image and Sentiment - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Copic - Markers
Ribbon - 7/8 Offray Grosgrain - Black
Stickles - Diamond (belt buckle and sentiment)
Gold Pen - Uni-Ball Gold Gel Pen
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug - Swiss Dots
Die Cut - Fiskars Punch



Copic Colors

Reds - R27, R29, R46
Blacks - 110, C7, C5
Skin - E00
Blush - R20
Lips - E04

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...