Friday, September 3, 2010

Sugar, Corn Syrup and Salt...



What in the world could these three ingredients create? Candy Corn! Does anyone really eat candy corn or is it like the Christmas fruit cake that is re gifted from one home to the next? My Dad LOVED candy corn! And as soon as they appeared in the stores a bag would inevitably surface at our house!

There was something about chewing little colorful balls of wax that made me grimace.... and to this day I still grimace... But I LOVE looking at them. They are so colorful and fun! So when I saw this Friendship Jar Filler set from Papertrey Ink, I had to bite! (Pun intended)...

I hope to revisit some of those fond fall memories I have... And yes, maybe I will even eat some candy corn in my Dad's honor! Hope you make it a wonderful day!



Card Recipe
Finished Size
5 X 7 Inches

Card Stock - Bazzill - Black, Georgia Pacific - White
Card Stock - Image - Gina K. Pure Luxury
Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Ink - Markers - Copic (colors below)
Stamp - Image - Papertrey Ink - Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Fall Fillers
Stamp - Sentiment - Papertrey Ink - Friendship Jar Fall Fillers
Punch - Martha Stewart - Modern Garland Punch Around the Page
Embossing Folder - Provocraft - Cuttlebug - Mandarin Screen (black card stock)
Ribbon - Offray - 5/8 Satin Orange
Adhesive - Herma Dotto, Scotch Branch Foam Tape

The lid was stamped, colored and then cut out. I adhered it over top of the jar image with dimensional adhesive to give it depth.



Copic Colors

Fabric Lid - YR04, YR14
Twine - E13
Candy Corn - White - C1, Orange - YR15, YR18, Yellow - Y21, Y38
Shadow - C1, C2
Jar - (attempted to get that Mason Jar color) BG0000, BG11

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...