Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vintage Picnic



When was the last time you went on a honest to goodness picnic? It has been a long time for me. Matter of fact, when I tried to think of the last time I couldn't even come up with a time! :-( I definitely need to rectify that situation! I saw this paper used recently in one of my card magazines. It brought to mind those vintage picnic tins. It also brought back fond memories of my lunch box in grade school. As I write this, that
70's lunch box is sitting on my bookcase! The image and sentiment from Papertrey Ink lend themselves perfectly to this paper. To achieve this look, I actually stamped the image twice, once on the cardstock for coloring and again on the pattern paper. I then cut out the stamped image from the pattern paper and applied it over the stamped image on my cardstock. Voila, a beautiful, dimensional image... Here's to summer and picnics! Enjoy!



Card Recipe 5 X 7 inches

Cardstock - Red, Black, White - Bazzill, Image - Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury
Pattern Paper - Basic Grey - Vintage Picnic
Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Stamps - Image and Sentiment - Papertrey Ink - Vintage Picnic & Vintage Picnic Sentiments
Ribbon - Gina K. Designs
Adhesive - Dotto and Popdots



Copic Colors

Grapes - V15, V17
Bread - E11, E13, E33
Foilage - YG23
Shadow - C0, C2
Jar - C0 & B45
Tin - R46

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...