Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Tree of Life



Shaker style has always intrigued me. I love how they incorporate the Tree of Life in many everyday items. Several years ago I had the opportunity to visit Shaker Village south of Lexington, Kentucky. I fell in love with the muted colors, simple peg railings and shaker boxes. The clean look goes so well with primitive things which I also love. It also speaks of a simpler time when people put more emphasis on God versus stuff.

I saw this idea in a recent magazine ad. Someone had used a new embossing folder to create a tree and added buttons. Immediately, I thought, I can do that (goofy grin here) and set off to my stamp stash! The stamp is a Hero Arts design that I bought a couple years back. I used it one time and was thoroughly frustrated by the results. So, I put it back in it's corner and it did not see the light of day until I made this card! When I put it all together it was like WOW... this stamp is REALLY COOL... Does anyone else ever have those what am I going to do with this moments? LOL. Well, I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Saturday. And I thought I might throw in a little verse for you today.... Enjoy!

"Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit." Matthew 12:33




Card Recipe
5 X 7 Inches

Cardstock - Bazzill - Red and Brown, Image - Georgia Pacific - White
Pattern Paper - Doodlebug - Square Dance
Image - Hero Arts Designs Block Tree
Sentiment - Technique Tuesday - Simply Stated
Ink - Image - Memento - Rich Cocoa
Ink - Sentiment - Memento - Rich Cocoa
Embellishment - Apples - unknown, from my button stash
Adhesive - Glue Glider Pro, Pop Dots



1 comment:

Tam said...

I like that tree. I don't live that far from Canterbury Shaker Village. You should take a trip up here sometime, then! We also have another one in Exeter I think. (or somewhere LOL)

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...