Sunday, November 22, 2009

Grateful



There are many things I am grateful for this holiday season. And one mentor in particular comes to mind. A dear church friend has been battling cancer this year. For almost 8 months she has taken chemo treatments every other week. Each time I see her she seems more and more frail but her spirit... She is still the same vibrant and vivacious woman she always was! She is so much stronger than I could ever be! Since early this spring I have made it a mission to send her a handmade card each week. This week I received the most wonderful gift. She sent me a handwritten card expressing how much she loves each and every one. She has lined them up on her mantle and kitchen table. Her note says each time she feels down or sick she picks one out to look at and remembers me! I have to admit I cried like a baby. It amazes me that even in such a dark time she thinks of and prays for me! And so I am deeply thankful for Sharon and her love! I created this card to express my gratitude for her example and love! Hope you enjoy!

Materials List

Cardstock - Burgundy - Bazzill
White - Gina K Pure Luxury Cardstock - White
Sage Green - DCWV - Mat Stack - White Core
Pattern Paper - Reminisce - Autumn Breeze
Provocraft Gypsy - Carts - George and Gypsy Wanderings
Ink - Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Stamp - Close to My Heart - Give Thanks
Markers - Copic
Ribbon - Offray - 7/8 inch Sherry
Corner Rounder - Creative Memories
Pop Dots
Sanding Block

1 comment:

Brenda said...

awwww such a pretty card!!!!
hugs
Brenda

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...