Monday, January 30, 2017

To Everything There is a Season...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven"
Ecclesiastes 3:1
 
This passage from Ecclesiastes is one of my favorites.  It is a constant reminder that things change...  As intimidating as that word might be...  change can work for the greater good.  There comes a time when you have to mix things up a bit and evaluate  your priorities.  There are distinct seasons in our lives.  We leave childhood, enter adulthood, marry, raise families, watch those precious ones leave the nest, take care of aging parents...  and say goodbye to people who have been a significant part of our lives.  It is important we live without regret.  Nothing must remain unsaid.  Enjoy your children while you can, spend time with your parents and focus on the relationships that are important to  you.  Work is just that...  work...  and as a wise person once told me...  We work to live, not live to work!  Some seasons bring rain, some bring sunshine and others bring bitter cold.  And after several years of changing seasons, I have decided to focus on the season I am in and lighten the load I carry just a bit.  I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to share my cards.  Unfortunately, this particular season of my life has made the process less enjoyable and dare I say sometimes even painful.  I found out that I wasn't creating with the right frame of mind.  I was focusing more on doing versus letting my Lord speak through my craft.  So after a great deal of reflection, prayer and consultation with trusted advisers...  friends, family and doctors...  I have decided to let some things go.  I will continue to design cards but you just may see a bit less of me.  I have enjoyed my time on multiple design teams but it is time to narrow it down and give honor and glory to the ONE who deserves it.  So I ask your patience as I make this transition.  I will now focus my energies on one design team.  I hope to have more time to HAVE FUN and CREATE from my heart!  You will still see cards from me...  just not as often.  It is of utmost importance that I spend more time treasuring relationships, focusing on my Lord and guarding my health.  Thank you and as always...
Blessings...

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I always enjoy your beautiful cards, they've been an inspiration to me. I commend you for knowing when it's time for a change, and I wish you all the best as you make this transition.

Marilyn Mathis said...

How admirable that you can obey the Lord where He is leading. We all need to step back and look at why we are doing what we do and if it is in God's plan for our lives. Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement for me to check out my priorities. Hugs.

Contagiously Crafty said...

I will add to the voices here and say your actions are both commendable and admirable. They are also as inspiring as your art has been. We all need the reminder to find balance in the choices we make with our time and efforts. If the right fruit is not being born out of these efforts, it's simply a sign to make a change. Yay for the Spirit within you - He hasn't left you alone, but pursues you with a relentlessness that demonstrates the depth of His love. Yay you to choose to follow Him as He guides.

I've been a rather silent follower, but always looking and watching. The volume of posts won't change that, but hopefully your joy in the doing will!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...