Welcome! I am so happy and blessed to be with you today to share this month's August release at Our Daily Bread Designs! I have been blessed to work with the most amazing design team at ODBD. And each month, it is like Christmas... unwrapping all of the beautiful projects my fellow Bread Sticks have created for you! This month we have a wonderful assortment of stamps and dies to tickle your fancy. And I must admit the new strip dies that Kelley has come up with are just FABULOUS! I find myself wanting to put die cut strips on everything! *** I think if hubs sits still long enough, I might just glue one on him! ***
And to make your hopping more fun there is a chance to win a prize! Check the end of today's post for all of the deets PLUS the links for all of my DT sistahs! SO I hope you have a hot cup of coffee or tea because I promise you will be captivated by all the beauty on this hop!
SO READY, SET, GO!!!!
So let's start with this darling Birdhouse stamp set, Flower Lattice Die and Pierced Squares Die... I just couldn't go bright and bold on this gem... I opted to use a soft blue and white color scheme, coloring my image with Copics and softly sponging a soft blue ink around the image.
And for the particulars of the card... layer by layer...
- White Card Stock - 4.25 x 11 inches, scored and folded at 5.5 inches
- ODBD's Old Glory Paper Pad (Polka Dot and Solid Blue DP); White CS
- Two layers of DP and White CS cut with ODBD's Pierced Rectangles Die; Polka Dot and White CS then cut with Leafy Edged Borders Die and offset
- Image ODBD's ***NEW*** Birdhouse stamped with Copic Compatible Black Ink on Neenah Solar Crest Paper, Colored with Copics; cut and embossed with ODBD's Squares Die
- ODBD's Old Glory Paper Pad (Blue DP) and ODBD's ***NEW***Pierced Squares Die ***
- White CS cut slightly larger than DP mat
- White CS ODBD's NEW *** Flower Lattice Die *** cut and nestled behind double matted image, slightly above offset edging
- White CS - ODBD's Layered Lacey Ovals Die and ODBD's NEW *** Birdhouse *** stamp for sentiment panel
And the Copic Recipe
Birdhouse - E31, E37, E57; Hook - W3
Limb - E31, E34, E29
Blossoms - RV00, RV02, BV02
Cherries - R24, R27
Leaves - YG61, YG67
Bird - Y38, B34, B24
Wasn't that card fun? It was fun to color. But I must admit this next one has a special place in my heart this month. I just love the simplicity and colors...
Squeal!!! Isn't it just the absolute yummiest? ;-) I admit I am a bit biased!
Here are the particulars so you can recreate this card...
- White Card Stock 4.25 by 11 inches, scored and folded at 5.5 inches
- ODBD's Birthday Brights Paper Pad - lime green DP cut slightly smaller
- ODBD's Majestic Medallion Die - for background
- ODBD's NEW *** Art Deco Die *** placed to the left of the MM Die Panel and cut out (using negative and positive of the die)
- ODBD's Double Stitched Circles Die and www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com(lime green circle mat)
- ODBD's Circles Die and white card stock for sentiment panel
- ODBD's NEW *** Thanks for Everything Stamps/Die Duo with Birthday Brights Paper Pad - die cut Thanks and stamped sentiment
- ODBD's Pretty Posies Die, Birds and Nest Die (Paper Flowers) - white CS, distress ink, Perfect Pearls, Recollection Pearl Centers
Here's a closeup of the blossoms on this card...
What do you think? I hope you enjoy both projects as much as I did creating them! So here are the new items you see today...
From my first card...
and my second...