Saturday, August 15, 2015

ODBD ~ Welcome Center Step Card ~


Happy Saturday and a very good morning!  It's hard to believe that August is really here.  And last Saturday, Our Daily Bread Designs'  shared a fun new release.  However, I took a few moments to look back at some of the fun items from July's release.  Today's card used a few items from the July release including, Home Sweet Home, Welcoming Window Die, Window Shutter and Awnings Die  and Flower Box Fillers Die. 

And if you look closely you will see a few old favorites too...  

This week I created a center step card.  I created my own center step card base for this project but I will let you in on a little secret...  ;-)
YOU can buy center step cards bases already made HERE at ODBD!

I started with a rich chocolate card stock base and added weathered siding DP from ODBD's Blushing Rose Paper Collection to the center and each side.  I chose a soft moss green and white polka dotted coordinating DP for the bottom and to create my die cut awning.  My team member, America, shared this clever and fun use this month for the new Window Shutter and Awnings Die  and I had to try it.  She took the "shutter" die and used it to create "shades..."  SHE IS TOO CLEVER!  SQUEAL!!!!!!  A rich brown window box and blossoms are nestled in behind a bit of grass border and two gate dies glued together.  I stamped my sentiment on white card stock and cut out a sign for the side of my faux house.  Isn't it fun??  

SO here are the items I used today.... 

(Welcome Sign)


(Window)

 

(Awning & Window Shades)


(Window Box, Greenery & Blossoms)


and some old favorites including...  
(2 part fence)

and the Grass Border Die 
from earlier this spring...
(Grass...  and yes, my yard needs to be mowed...  lol)

and the beautiful Blushing Rose Paper Collection...
(the base for it all)


  Thanks so much for stopping by to get a bit of creative inspiration!  Hope you have a wonderful week! 

Blessings...

Lori


No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...