Saturday, July 4, 2015

CTMH ~ Land of the Free ~

For all of my friends in the United States, Happy 4th of July!  I hope this post finds you enjoying a day full of friends and fun!  I have a simple card to share today featuring an older Close To My Heart release.  I'm not sure if this was a special monthly set or just is no longer in the catalog.  I normally don't like to feature things that you can't purchase.  However, I REALLY wanted to use this stamp for a project this year!  So here it is!  It features Close To My Heart's Home of the Brave set.

I started with a 5.5 x 4.25 inch blue card stock base and added a red mat.  I stamped the Statue of Liberty image and added 3 inked images (red, blue and yellow) of my firecrackers.  I finished the card by stamping the sentiment in black ink in the corner.  

I took some time today to catch up on my daily Bible reading...  I have been studying for a HR re-certification course...  and sadly my Bible studies fell behind.  Today, I found myself in the book of Philippians...

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself."

    Phillippians 3:20-21 NASB (New American Standard Bible)

I have always been a proud American.  The 4th of July always brings a surge of patriotism for me.    This scripture brought a powerful truth home to me.  I am just passing through.  This place...  isn't my home...  I might be a citizen of the US of A...  but that is temporary...  I hold a citizenship that trumps all others....  Do you???  

Blessings...

Lori  

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...