Wednesday, May 6, 2015

WAW181 ~ Rejoice ~

Good morning and welcome back to another fun challenge at
Word Art Wednesday.

Things have been a bit crazy for me as of late and Karen at Word Art Wednesday has been gracious enough to let me remain with WAW on a bi-weekly basis.  I am working through some medical challenges at the moment and would appreciate any prayers you could send up for me.  I firmly believe that every challenge in life is an opportunity for spiritual growth and learning.  I know God has some big plans in this process for me! 

Now on to the fun stuff!  ;-)
Be sure to check out the Word Art Wednesday site for all of this week's challenge details including WAW's digital scripture, how to link your creation AND info on some fabulous prizes! 

Thank you, thank you and thank you to this week's sponsors so very much!  Please take a few moments to thank those who provided prizes this week!  

I have been spending way too much time on Pinterest lately!  (Does anyone else feel my pain???)  And I have become quite enamored of cards resembling quilts and/or quilt blocks.  So here is my attempt at a fun pinwheel using papers from Hobby Lobby (The Paper Studio.)


I started out with an ecru card stock base (5.5 x 4.25 inches).  I added a deep teal mat and printed today's sentiment on another ecru CS scrap and cut it slightly smaller.  After adding it, I paper punched 6 pieces of coordinating DP (4 of each design) and added then carefully overlapping each one.  I found it was easier to start with my floral pattern and lay down all in a square on the ecru base before adding the other alternate design.  I placed each with dimensional foam that could be repositioned just in case a block needed to be "moved."  And for the final touch?  I added a button with a bit of baker's twine looped through the middle?  So easy and I LOVE how it turned out.  

Back to Pinterest to see what other quilt designs I can copy!  lol...  So don't forget to stop back at WAW each week to see what the challenge will be.  I will be back in two weeks, May 20th to share my latest WAW creation...  Quilt like maybe...  hmmmm?????

{{blessings and hugs}}

Lori

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...