Saturday, May 30, 2015

ODBD May ~ Pray Without Ceasing ~



Good morning!  It's hard to believe the weekend is officially here!  I know this week was a short week for most of us.  For some reason, it seemed incredibly long!  I just couldn't wait to get back to my crafty space!  Today, I have one more project to share using some of the May release items from Our Daily Bread Design.

Here's a close up of this fun card featuring Belles Vignes,
Spread Your Wings, and the coordinating die, Birds and Nest


I started with a cool blue card stock base (5.5 x 4.25 inches) and added a Kraft mat.  I used a mat die from the Flourished Star Pattern set and layered on some DP from the Blooming Garden Paper Collection.

 

I used the Layered Lacey Squares Die set to create a fun rectangle.  I cut the die cut and layered one of the "wheels" on top of each other.  So instead of a square, I came up with a rectangle.  I then cut a slightly smaller blue panel and after putting those together added them to the card with dimensional foam.  I cut three layers from the Ornate Hearts set carefully layering each.  I cut my "tag" from ODBD's Vintage Flourish Pattern Die and stamped my sentiment using the new Belles Vignes set.  I took a share pair of scissors and cut the top to create an area to "slide" my bits of seam binding through.  I then took a bit of baker's twine and tied the white and pale blue seam binding together to create my flourish. 

The birds (Spread Your Wings) were stamped on Copic compatible paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics.  I then used the coordinating Birds and Nest Die to cut each one out and placed them on their respective corners.  I decided to take one of the twine "tails" and add it to one little birdies beak...  How fun is that? 

So here are the new items you see today...




BIRDS & NEST DIES - CSBD100

and some old favorites...


BLOOMING GARDEN COLLECTION 6x6 PAPER PAD



FLOURISHED STAR PATTERN DIE - CSBD75


ORNATE HEARTS DIES - CSBD53


LAYERED LACEY SQUARE DIES - CSBD84

Thanks again for spending a portion of  your day with me!  I hope you found something to get your creative juices flowing!  Don't forget that Monday I will have some new designs featuring Our Daily Bread Designs' June release!  It promises to be a fun week!  Stay tuned! 

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...