Tuesday, February 17, 2015

~ May the Lord Keep Watch ~

There are few things in my opinion that are more beautiful than a morning sunrise.  There is something about the first break of dawn and the promise of a new day that stirs my soul.  Maybe it is the fact that I have another opportunity to accomplish a long list of to dos.  Or maybe it is simply the perfect beauty of the Creator displayed in His creation.  

Today, I have a new card to share using a couple of Our Daily Bread Designs' recent releases, Wildflower Silhouette Background  and Miss You.


I started with a lemon yellow card stock base (5.5 x 4.25) and added a black CS mat.  

***Seeds of Inspiration***  I used ODBD's Circle Ornaments Die to create a stencil for my sun.  I placed the circle die cut in the middle of a white card stock panel and lightly sponged a soft yellow ink.  I then added some soft pink and finished the top edge with a soft teal.  I removed the circle die and lightly went back over the white circle with my yellow ink to soften it up a bit.  I also added a bit of soft gray ink at the bottom where I knew my image would be "grounded."  I inked up the background stamp (black) and added the image directly to my sponged panel.  After stamping the image, I went back in and added ink to any areas that might have been missed.  

I stamped my sentiment (also in black) on white card stock and used ODBD's Fancy Flourish Pattern Die to cut it out.  I then inked soft lemon and gray over the sentiment.  I added a bit of black and white baker's twine (with a fun bow) before placing the sentiment panel with dimensional foam.  

Here are the products you see today...

H611 - WILDFLOWER SILHOUETTE BACKGROUND

H610 - MISS YOU

CSBD56 - VINTAGE FLOURISH PATTERN DIES

CSBD45 - CIRCLE ORNAMENT DIES

Thanks for stopping by today!  

Blessings 

Paper - Bazzill, Georgia Pacific, Neenah
Ink - Memento Dandelion, Rose Bud, Summer Sky, Bahama Blue, Tuxedo Black, London Fog
Baker's Twine 

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...