Saturday, February 22, 2014

Welcome to North Coast Creations February 22nd Release!

Good morning and welcome to release day at North Coast Creations!  I am SO excited to bring you more images that just scream SPRING!  I know you will be just as excited to work with these beauties as I am! 
 
And don't forget...release day means you can win!  How, you ask?  Well,  two winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on the Designers' Blogs to receive a $10 gift certificate good towards the purchase of NCC stamps.  
 
Don't wait because you only have until February 24, 2014 at 10:00PM EST to leave a comment on each of the designers' blog posts.  (The links are listed later on in today's post.)  The two random winners will be announced on the NCC Blog on February 25, 2014, so be sure to check back there to see if you have won!
 
And here are my two projects featuring a few new additions to the Floral Sentiments Collection...

I just love lilacs!  This image reminds me of the lilac bush we had at the farm I grew up on.  The original cutting came from my grandparents farm.  Oh, how I wish I had a cutting off of that bush!  I have to settle for one my husband bought a few years ago at a garden center.  He planted it so lovingly in our backyard knowing how much I longed for their scent! 
 
I triple matted the base, a pale lavender, white and dark purple and used Copics to color the image.  A white seam binding bow graces the side. 
 
And here's the image from Floral Sentiments 4...
 
 
Now on to a simpler card using a new stamp from Floral Sentiments 5...
 


This time I used a pale pink card base and matted the DP with black.  I used black ink to stamp my sentiment directly on the DP.  I colored the image in coordinating shades of pink and sponged a light blue sky background before die cutting.  A black satin bow finishes it off.
 
So which version do you like best, frilly or simple?
 
And here's the set used above Floral Sentiments 5...
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!  Now don't forget to visit my fellow "Coasters" to see what projects they have come up with!  Until next time...
 
Blessings...


(if you get lost along the way)
 
The Coasters
 Sandee * Dawn * Julie * Lisa * Amber *
 
 Lori (YOU ARE HERE)* Sabrina * Diana * Stacy

20 comments:

Becky said...

Both of these are simply beautiful!

Georgiana said...

Both are oh so pretty, especially with those bows.

Kelcey said...

I love the colors you chose to use for the flowers and really like the dark purple background.

Desire Fourie said...

Both cards are just so beautifully designed and coloured as well as being very elegant.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are beautiful, Lori! I've never had a lilac bush but your card is lovely. And the colors on your second card are so pretty.

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are beautiful! The clouds sponged on the second one is a great touch. Wonderful samples.

Martica said...

Both cards are beautiful

Unknown said...

I love your lilac card -- we always had these in the backyard in PA! i love the purple you chose for the card!

Dawn said...

Beautiful samples, Lori!
Feel better soon, kiddo!!!

Barbara said...

Love your cards and love those beautifully colored flowers. I am so ready for spring and summer and they both have that wonderful feel.

Sonia said...

Beautiful cards! I love how the background papers showcase the flowers!

TLady said...

I LOOOOOVE the FRILLY of the first card Lori!!!! I have SPECIAL MEMORIES of Lilacs too!!! :) A woman can NEVER HAVE TOO MANY FLOWERS, is how I see it!!! :) AND I also LOOOOVE the more simple style of your second card too!!!! It makes me think of Victorian Chokers---on velvet ribbon with a LOVELY broach type of jewelry on it! SIGH!!!! PURE FEMININITY!!!!!!!!:)

Pattie J. said...

both cards are gorgeous, I am like you Lilac are one of my favorite flowers. This layout is awesome. I love the deep purple to accent your beautiful coloring....thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So many beautiful cards can be made from these floral stamps. Your two cards are a superb example. I am also a Lilac fan

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Lori! Love how you framed and layered the lilacs!

Marjorie said...

Beautiful cards. Loved your layering.
Marjorie from TX

McStamper said...

Great cards. Love the layering you did on the purple one.

Rachel Brooks said...

Very bright, cheery cards. Love them both, but purple is a favorite of mine.

Conniecrafter said...

Your first card has such a pretty spring feel to it and the shading on the seconds flowers are so pretty!

Graciellie Design said...

So pretty! I like the contrast of the image with the patterned papers you used! Thanks for sharing and for the giveaway!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...