Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WAW88 ~ 1 Timothy 4:12 ~


Welcome and Happy Wednesday!  The week has flown by and today it's time for another fabulous challenge at Word Art Wednesday .  Check out the WAW site for all the details including this week's digital scripture image, how to link your creation AND info on our fabulous prizes! 

A big thank you to Verse's Rubber Stamps for providing prizes this week!

This week we are using 1 Timothy 4:12...



The card stock base and matting are black card stock.  I chose a layer of DP made to look like newsprint for my base and distressed/inked all edges.  I used a couple of DP that I felt coordinated together (one polka dot and another floral) with a bit of lavender for the top panel.  A die from Memory Box is nestled behind my hand cut sentiment panel.  I added a spray of leaves and some paper punched foliage before selecting a bevy of pink blossoms to add.  An ecru pearl flourish (cut to fit) adds a bit of frill to the top.  I really love the feminine feel of this project...  decidedly one of my more "shabby" attempts as of late... 

Thanks for stopping by and until next time...

Blessings...

Card Recipe

Stamps - Word Art Monday - Digital Scripture
Ink - Ranger Distress Ink - Black Soot
Papers - Georgia Pacific, My Mind's Eye - Graceful, DCWV Dot Stack, My Mind's Eye - Bramble Rose, My Mind's Eye Vintage Finds
Dies - Sizzix Sizzlet - Branch w/Leaves, Memory Box - Amana Circle
Misc. - Pearl Flourish by Recollections, Blossoms - my stash, Distressing Tool

2 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What a stunning and gorgeous card! It truly is a beauty!

Unknown said...

Lori,
Your work is really above anyone's average 'excellent'. The newsprint, the black cardstock/diecut, and that bevy of posies showcase the scripture and highlight the floral dsp. It is really a beautiful card.
Blessings,
Carole

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...