Saturday, May 5, 2012

ODBDSLC107 ~ Let's Scrapbook!

Welcome and happy National Scrapbook Day! Several of my friends will be scrappin' the night away tonight lovingly recording memories for future generations. Today, Our Daily Bread Designs wants to issue a special challenge. We want to see a scrapbook layout. One page or two, 8 x 10 or 12 x 12... let your imagination go wild!

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, May 11th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced Saturday, May 12th. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on nor will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them! As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, May 11th at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword ODBDSLC107. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to our challenge.

Here's my take on this week's challenge... (shhh... don't tell John I used a photo of us both... lol...)


This was taken a few years back when I completed my Masters. I used Our Daily Bread's latest set, Dreams. This set is perfect for graduation and/or retirement projects! Behind our photo I used a die stamped with the word graduate (from this set). I used the quote included by Eleanor Roosevelt as well. This quote was so fitting because for me going back to school was a dream come true! I had long wanted to be a teacher. Finishing this Masters program gave me the chance to student teach. Finally, I knew I could do it! And even though I am not in a classroom I don't regret a moment. It was such a blessing for me to complete the program!

Thanks for stopping in and be sure to check out what my other Sister Sticks have for ya... Blessings...

Chris Olsen
Jan Marie Ennenga
Debi Southard
Jan Keen
Kathy Roney
Rosemary Dennis
Sabrina Jackson

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.
We hope you can join the challenge! We look forward to seeing your creations!!

Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Dreams
Paper - Colorbok, Georgia Pacific, Bazzill, Kaisercraft - Sweet Nothings Collection - Cupids Arrow
Ink - Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies - Cheery Lynn Designs - English Tea Party, Fanciful Flourish; Spellbinders - Labels Twenty-Five
Cricut - Varsity Letter - 5.25 inch
Etc. - Cards, Ticket Stubs - Recollections; Mulberry Flowers; Lace

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Each and every one of you are blowing me away with your lay outs for this week. You all took something that was a challenge or something you were not used to making and created a piece of art!! Gorgeous design my friend!! The photo, use of dies and details, colors, and the big M are perfect, Lori!! Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Kathy said...

Beautiful page Lori! Perfect background paper with the books! Awesome achievement! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings! Kathy

Cards By Jan said...

Lori...this is AWESOME!! wow.....what a beautiful layout of your Grad...Love all the little touches, and that beautiful M, your little touches of flowers!!
Blessings & Hugs

Jan Marie said...

How clever are you!?! This looks just like a block letter. . .love all of the layers, the lace, the use of the doily as a caption, the scripture. . and all of the roses! Great page. . .love the angles!!

Rosemary said...

your layout is absolutely amazing lori!! like your cards it contains all the beautiful details you are known for!! hugs!

Tam said...

Great photo!
I'm going to duck after I say this (or just don't tell the hubby LOL)... I thought it was father and daughter!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hey girl, love your layout, how creative and such a cute picture!! I am so sorry, I am so very late commenting this week, but I am super busy at school with my girls. We have one event after another on top of last minute field trips and programs, please forgive me! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...