Sunday, July 31, 2011

Grow in Grace

Welcome to another wonderful Lord's day! The past week has been a little chaotic and as a result I have had ZERO time to create! Boo hoo... However, Saturday, I was able to get back in the swing of things. Dakota finally had her litter of puppies Friday evening. We are so excited! It will be great to have some littles running around... But I guess they aren't little when they are St. Bernards, right?

I just wanted to take a moment to reflect and ask for your prayers. This week our community lost a dear Christian man. I had the pleasure of working with him a few years back in my previous job. I also have had the pleasure of getting to know his wife and daughter at scrappin' get togethers. They are a wonderful family and I know he will be missed deeply by his church, family and friends. But I know today there is a new angel in heaven. (He was their church's song leader.) We will miss you Lowell!

Blessings to you...

Lori

And today's card...



In the bottom of the photo you can see the lace I used. Originally it was a light cream color. I distressed it with Distress Ink (Antique Linen & Tea Dye) before adhering. I also added the gold brads to each center. All of the edges were scuffed up with my MM distressing tool and then inked with Distress Inks. There's something about getting ink all over you that is good for the soul!

Supplies

Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Paper - Stampin' Up
Stamps - ODBDBird Borders & Corners; Grow in Grace
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa (bird corner), Versamark (scripture), Tim Holtz for Ranger Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Tea Dye (distressing)
Embossing Powder - Ranger - Queen's Gold Royal Satin Embossing Powder
Paper Punch - Fiskars
Pearl Brads - Paper Studio Spare Parts
Lace - Small Trend Flower Cream by Offray
Baker's Twine

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad to hear about the friend that passed away. It sounds like he touched a lot of lives and will be greatly missed.

Glad to hear you had some precious crafting time. That is always a good thing:)

Congrats on the puppies. They are always fun no matter what size they are.

Sarah T. Arra said...

Love love love that card!

Tam said...

Lovely card! Sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...