Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Herd It's Your Birthday!



Growing up my family had a small dairy farm. When I saw this image from Close to My Heart it brought a big smile to my face. Of course back then I believed cows had to be the dumbest creatures on earth. At that point I hadn't met sheep yet... LOL... Now I find them to be the gentlest of creatures. We had Holsteins... the black and white kind for those of you who are not familiar with dairy cows. We also had an occasional Brown Swiss. The Brown Swiss had the most beautiful brown eyes and long eyelashes. So when I colored this image I decided to go that route. I remember thinking back then that chocolate milk had to come from the brown swiss... LOL... Have a great day! Maybe I will go drink some of that Brown Swiss milk... :-P



Card Recipe

Finished Card Design 5 x 7 inches

Cardstock - White - Georgia Pacific, Brown and Beige - Bazzill
Cardstock - Image - Gina K. Pure Luxury
Pattern Paper - Sweetwater
Punch - Martha Stewart
Image & Sentiment - Close to My Heart - Howdy
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers - Copic
Ribbon - Gina K Designs
Adhesive - Pop Dots, Glue Glider Pro

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...