Sunday, August 29, 2010

Giving Thanks



There are many things to give thanks for each and every day. We are never promised a tomorrow and for those who know the Lord Christ as their Savior there is the comfort of spending eternity with him. I am thankful for my family, my country and my Lord. There are so many blessings that he has given me. I deserve none of them. It is only through his grace and mercy that I can even be called a Child of the King.

As you may know this week I have taken a slight sabbatical from blogging. There have been many changes this week. If you read my last post you know that our son left for school last Sunday. I had a difficult few days dealing with that. A day later I found out that a cousin had been killed while serving as an Army Ranger in Afghanistan. The entire family is very proud of this young man and his sacrifice but it is difficult for his mother and grandmother to understand. Death is difficult to understand and hard to cope with when you do not know the peace that passes all understand. Thank you in advance for your prayers for this family. And above all give thanks for the blessings in your life. They are plentiful!



Card Recipe

Finished Size
5 X 7 inches

Card stock - Bazzill
Card stock - Image - Gina K. Pure Luxury
Designer Paper - Deja Views - Red Oak Leaf on Gold
Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Stamp - Image - Papertrey Ink - Vintage Picnic
Stamp - Sentiment - Papertrey Ink - Vintage Picnic Sentiments
Markers - Copic
Embossing - Provo Craft - Cuttlebug - Flourished Frame
Skittles - SMH - Pebbles - Harvest
Ribbon - Unknown

Notes on image - the two pumpkins outside the basket are actually a stamped image. I first stamped them on two sheets of paper (one on Gina K. paper and the other on scrap paper) and then cut the scrap image out. I used this as a mask over the good image (stamped on Gina K) and then stamped my basket over it. Removed the mask and voila! This way the basket appears to be behind the pumpkins. This is known as "masking" an image.



Copic

Pumpkins - Y38, YR15, YR18, YR68
Leaves - YR14, E19
Basket - E13, E33, E99
Stem - YG05, E04

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...