Monday, June 29, 2009

Flower Power


For me the first sign of summer is the bloom of an heirloom iris. As a child, I collected iris and rose bouquets for Decoration Day (commonly referred to as Memorial Day). We would arrange the lovely blossoms and leave them to adorn the graves of generations past. When I see a pale blue iris I am reminded of the farm I grew up on and the sea of iris blooms that adorned the front yard. I saw this stamp and was reminded of a simpler time. The papers are from GinaK. The iris image is highlighted by a nestability (used for embossing) and daubing the surrounding area with light blue Memento ink. The image is colored with a combination of color pencils and Prismacolor Premier markers. The lovely yellow beards are highlighted with stickles. Have fun and make some memories of your own this summer!

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...