MOJO251, WAW38 & CSC101 ~ Trust ~

Thanks so much for stopping by today! It seems like we haven't had a chance to catch up in quite a while!

 This weekend I plan on allotting some sorely needed attention and time to my household chores. The following weekend I will be spending some time with Our Daily Bread Designs at the Stampaway USA Convention in Sharonville, Ohio. If you are in the area August 3rd or 4th stop by and say hello! You can get all the details HERE. I am looking forward to meeting up with the lovely ladies from ODBD!  And I hope to see many of my tri-state stamping buddies there as well! 

Speaking of carving out some time to catch up... I managed to find some time Monday to create a card for the few sites including the Mojo challenge. Here is the sketch...


And my interpretation...


I selected a soft beige card stock for my 4.5 x 5.5 card base. Below the red polka dot paper I added a layer of distressed black card stock. All of my remaining DP layers have the same black card stock matting. Each panel has a botanical theme to it. The two left panels were dry embossed and distressed. This scripture stamp may be found in Our Daily Bread Designs' Scripture Collection 7 set. I nestled a Kaisercraft jet flourish (cut, manipulated and strategically placed) under the die cut panel. The rose is one I created using McGill's Rose Paper Punch set. I added a few paper punches twigs. The metal bird is a new item by Momenta I found at a local Michaels. I think he looks so "tweet." Sorry!  I couldn't resist!   :-)

Until next time, blessings...

Lori

Card Recipe


Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Scripture Collection 7
Paper - Bazzill; Colorbok; My Mind's Eye - Dilly Dally; 7Gypsies - Conservatory
Ink - Versafine - Black Onyx
Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up Square Lattice
Dies - Spellbinders - Standard Circles Large & Petite Scalloped Circles Large
Misc. - Punches - McGill - Rose Collection, Martha Stewart Crafts; Momenta - Metal Stickers; Flourish - Kaisercraft

Challenges

Mojo Monday Sketch #251 - MOJO251 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #38 - Never Give Up - WAW38
Case Study Challenge #101 - CSC101 - using birds and colors
Splitcoast Stampers - Ways To Use It Challenge - Music - WT385

Comments

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love that Psalm! Fabulous work!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa
Carole said…
Elegant and rich with details. Stunning.
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/
Kristii said…
Such a pretty card!! Love all the amazing details!
Rosemary said…
beautiful card, lori... but then, again, all your cards are beautiful!
This card is absolutely beautiful, Lori. WOW! Thanks so much for sharing this with us in the challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always so glad to see your entries in our challenges.
Blessings to you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
Sandee said…
Lori you are something else! I don't know how you do it! You just keep whipping out so many gorgeous cards!!! Wow!!!
Georgiana said…
Your card is absolutely breath-taking. It is so pretty I wouldn't want to give it away.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations
Marlena M. said…
A work of art Lori! I love that bird. Thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork at Word Art Wednesday. ;)
Maureen said…
such a stunning card! I love all the inspired details :) Thanks so much for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)
Marissa Isabel said…
Lori,
You have a wonderful blog, full of amazing and great ideas.
Love your card specially the scripture. Beautiful!!!
Blessings,
marissa isabel
peggy aplSEEDS said…
wow, your card is gorgeous! all the colors and embellishments go so well together! thanks for sharing!
Wendy Swenne said…
Your card is so cute. Love all the details in it and the scripture.

Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

Wendy
Aimes said…
So much attention to detail on this card! So pretty!
Thanks for studying with us this week on CASE Study! :)
Hugs!
Tam said…
that is a cool little bird!

Popular posts from this blog

MOJO270 ~ Wishing You a Heavenly Christmas ~

Exploring Cricut ~ Baby It's Cold Outside!