Saturday, July 7, 2012

CSC98 & F4A124 ~ In A Wood

I love this quote by Robert Frost.  When my dear CT member, Rosemary Dennis, selected this quote for this year's 4th Anniversary release at Our Daily Bread Designs, I cheered!  It is perfect for so many occasions.  And this week's challenge at Splitcoast's Free For All was to creatively incorporate wood in your creation.  I immediate pulled this quote our with the tiny grove of trees!  It reminds me of the Upper Peninsula, one of my all time favorite places to visit!  This week I am also playing along with the Case Study Challenge. 

Here's the card...


My card base measures 6 x 6 inches. For the image, I used sticky notes to mask off a square area on my white card stock measuring 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. I then used Memento's London Fog ink for my first layer of color, Ranger's Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass for my second layer and finished the edges with Black Soot (also by Ranger). When my base dried I stamped the sentiment on with Versafine Black Onyx ink. After the project cured I trimmed the edges down to 1/2 inch around all sides. I then matted the area with black card stock and adhered it with dimensional foam to the base. Thanks for looking and until next time...

Blessings...

Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Quote Collection 1
Paper - Bazzill, Colorbok
Ink - Memento - London Fog; Ranger Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass & Black Soot, Versafine - Onyx Black
Misc. - Sticky Notes

Challenges

Case Study 98 - CSC98


Splitcoast Stampers - Free For All Challenge - F4A124 - Use Wood




6 comments:

Kathy said...

Your card is so pretty and serene and I love that quote too-so much it's the name of my blog!:)

Rosemary said...

love this clean and stunning card, lori!

Julie said...

What a thoughtful sentiment. Great presentation.Lovely card.

Tam said...

The simplicity of the card is perfect.

Aimes said...

A fabulous CAS card with beautiful inking!
Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs!
x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Simply stunning CAS design!! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx