Monday, July 23, 2012

C4C146, CSC100 & OCCC ~ The One Who Sowed

Happy Monday morning to you!  Hope you had a wonderful and blessed weekend!  I had the opportunity to spend some quality time with my hubby on Friday.  We did a little craft supply shopping (insert big smile here) and dined out.  It seems with my work schedule we have very little time to spend together.  It is precious times like Friday that I rediscover just how blessed I am!  And with the events in Colorado Friday, I realized what a gift I had to spend another day with the ones I love. 

Each and every blessing I have is because of my Lord and Savior.  It is through His goodness that we are redeemed.  This beautiful verse featured on Our Daily Bread Designs' The Good Seed set came to mind...


Today's card is a actually a makeover of one of the very first cards I posted several years back.


I liked the overall layout of the card but my style has changed a little in the last few years. I find myself using more embellies like the hand crafted rose and pearl flourish. Plus I use a great deal more patterned papers now. A little more fussy style I think...

Here's a closeup of today's makeover showing the light blue pearl flourish and paper rose...


Thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget to pop back in tomorrow morning at 8AM EST for Our Daily Bread Designs' Shining the Light Challenge! It will be fun! Blessings...

I have a winner for the Exploring Cricut blog hop! Please click HERE for details!

Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - The Good Seed
Paper - Bazzill; Crate Paper - Random Paper Pad
Ink - Copic Multiliner Pen - Black (faux stitching); Versafine - Black Onyx (scripture)
Misc. - Pearl Flourish - Zva; Paper Punches - McGill

Challenges
Crazy4Challenges - Stitching - Faux or Real -
C4C146
Case Study Challenge #100 - Muse Kristii Lockhart - CSC100
Our Creative Corner - Cringe Worthy Cards - Take an old designs and do a makeover - OCCC



16 comments:

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

your make-over card is very pretty but I still like your original one! they are both wonder! Thank you for joining OCC, hope to see you again next week!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Nice makeover, any chance you are available to stop by and pick out my outfit before work starts? I like both cards for different reasons. Great job!

Toneisha B. said...

Really like the card, especially the flower! How did u make it? Do you have a tutorial on how to make it?

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning, I adore the red flower...hope you are well! I am having a blog candy giveaway to celebrate my birthday, stop by and leave a comment for your chance to win!

enjoy *~*

Lisa M said...

That has got to be one of the most beautiful handcrafted roses I've ever seen! So realistic looking. I love that you kept the same layout, that's very classy. I really enjoyed admiring your makeover card, but I'll admit, the original is stunning as well. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck to you and we certainly hope you can come back and play again next week!
Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. TFS.
dmcardmaker

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful cards, both of them! I always find CAS cards appealing so I think your butterflies are lovely - but so is the remake! Gorgeous flower and use of embellishments. Thanks so much for joining in the OCC challenge!

Jean Martin said...

These cards are beautiful! That flower is gorgeous! I'm so glad you could join us this week at CASE Study Challenge! I hope to see your fabulous work again next week! :)

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful cards! The handcrafted rose is soooooo pretty and I love the papers you used!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous, so elegant... love the flower!! Thank you for playing along with the CASE Study gals this week! xxx

Jani Lewis said...

Both cards are wonderful. I know what you mean though. I look at my old cards and notice how certain things I do have changed and how I have gotten better at some techniques.

Debby said...

Beautifully embellished! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

onecraftymama said...

I love both the old & new - definitely a different style but they're both really lovely! I had to come peek - I had so much fun with this challenge :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Both cards are fabulous. Love the gorgeous rose and your choice of dp on the makeover card. Thank you so moch for joining Our Creative Corner this week....:)

Lili said...

Beautiful transformation! Your flower on the makeover is stunning and the pearls give such a romantic look.Thanks for playing with us at the Our Creative Corner this week!

Tam said...

looks great! I love both. :)